The set-up: Audrey and Nina are playing around the kiddie pool, I’m sitting nearby. Audrey tries to pick up Nina and put her in the pool…Nina, of course, screams
Me: Audrey, you let Nina get in at her own pace.
AT: (scrunched up nose) What’s “her own pace?”
Me: It means let her get in and get wet when she wants to – not when you want her to.
AT: Oh, so you were speaking Spanish.
***************************
Audrey: Mom, can I have some of those bracelets on my teeth (she smiles wide and points to her teeth)?
She meant braces.
***************************
I’m driving, Audrey is in the back. I mutter something about a “stupid driver.”
AT: Mom, you’re not supposed to say that word.
Me: Oh, sorry.
1 min later, I mutter “thank you” to another driver.
AT: Good job, Mom. Very nice.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment