Wednesday, June 24, 2009

More December 2008

The setup – middle of the night; me laying on Audrey’s bed with her. I picked at something on her cheek.

She asked, “What is it, Mom?”

“I think it’s a little pimple. Go to sleep.”

Wide-eyed, she said, “Mom, what’s a pimple?”

“It’s just something people get on their face from time to time. No biggie.”

“You know what…I went outside with Mona (her teacher) and I fell, and a pimple flew on my face.”

Me: “Ah, of course. Now go to sleep.”

***************************************

Last night, same setup. Audrey is now picking at her pimple.
“Audrey, stop picking at the pimple.”
“It’s not a pimple, it’s a booger.”

***************************************

Setup – Audrey wants Michael to play catch with her in the living room. She makes him wear a baseball hat.

After a couple of throws, she says, “You’re not very good at this, Dad, we need to do something else.”

No comments:

Post a Comment