Wednesday, June 24, 2009

More May 2009

Auddie and I were at the video store last weekend (Sat night – it was busy). As she walked up and down the kids/family aisles, she suddenly said loudly “Mom! There’s the movie you like!” I knew what was coming…I cautiously peered at the cover in her little hands and …yep…it was “Bunny House” (about a Playboy bunny tossed out of the mansion – no, I haven’t seen it, but I did know the basic premise of it). At that point it didn’t matter if I denied that it was my fave movie – I got the knowing looks from other grownups. So I slinked back into the kid movie aisles.


In the car, Audrey said “Mom, my boob hurts.” I looked at where she rubbed and it was her armpit. “Are you sure it isn’t your armpit?” Auddie, “When we get home, can you doos that thing Daddy doos to you?” (as she makes the shoulder rubbing motion with her hands). I said, “yes.” She replied, “Cause that’s what Daddy doos to make your boobs feel better, right?” Can’t wait for her to offer that to her teachers at daycare.


And now for some short Audrey-isms…

Armpick = armpit
Doos = does
Graduation = congratulations (as in “why did Grandma and Papa go to a congratulations?”)
Gerbil-ing = drooling

AT: Dad, are you going to get the mail?
MT: Yeah, why?
AT: I don’t want you to ‘cause it hurts my feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment