Wednesday, June 24, 2009

October 2008

Mom, can I say darnit?
Yes, but only if something bad happens.
Mona said I can’t say darnit at school.
Oh, well, then you can’t say it at school. How about saying “oops” instead?
Noooo (she whines)…I wanna say darnit!
When Gracie was 3 she said “oh, pickles.” How about that?
(after laughing, she gets serious) No, I wanna say darnit.

******************************

Can I say bum-bum?
Yes, but only when you’re in the bathroom or referring to your bum. You don’t use it to call people names.
Can I say bum-bum head?
No, that’d be calling someone a name.
Can I say bum-bum pants?
Well, that doesn’t make any sense, so you shouldn’t say it.
But I wanna say bum-bum-pants! (she whines, again).

Sigh, life is so tough as a 3 year old.

*******************************

Her out-of the-blue statement:

“Neenie is a turd.”

No comments:

Post a Comment